Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

The book of John chapter 11

Its been a battle these last few weeks, and it seems like its been slow going but I am still making progress.
I am now halfway through chapter eleven, sort of. Its been kinda a boring chapter in some respects.

It seems, besides the raising of Lazarus from the dead, that the chapter is mostly a lot of talk and direction of UN-profound nature.

My favorite verses in this chapter are of coarse verses: 25 and 26
.

 25Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
 26And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?


I'm not saying its a bad chapter, but it is more like a chapter setting the scene for the next few chapters, maybe ?
Its just that all the chapters leading up to this were so different and full, and made them more exciting to memorize.   I am not having that hard of a time memorizing this chapter like I thought I would, surprisingly so! Thank you Jesus!

But it is one of the last longest chapters besides  chapter 12 around 54 verses.  after 12, things will go a lot faster, lord willing.

I probably would have had a couple more chapters finished by now if I hadn't had company or had to do anything with the outside world, but that would be unhealthy mentally and spiritually no matter how much I protest it inwardly.

I am hoping to have the book of John memorized by the new year if things continue going the way they are , there are some days when my mind will drift continually no matter how much I try to keep it focused , and there are times when I am reviewing that I find myself thinking about other things at the same time, which really sucks bad.

If there is anyone out there that happens to stumble upon this blog, please say a prayer for me as the enemy has gotten a couple of good shots in that have really messed me up.

But God is with me in this project for him, I feel it and I feel his presence and he is with me , thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment