Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Summary of lessons learned in scripture memorization



I will try to make this short, but I may not be able too since I have a tendency to ramble, and as I am already beginning to ramble as we speak I will try with a disciplined mind to speak less and say more.
So with out any further ado, let us begin.


I just wanted to let you know what I would do if I had to do this over, in the which I will implement on my next chapter/book if I can.

  • First of all and foremost I would get your partner to participate as much as possible in helping to get your memory work perfected.
 If your married, what better quality time could you ask for ?
And what better way to cement a christian friendship by magnifying the lord and exalting his name together.

Yeah, yeah, I say this because I don't have a partner, but I see how much it has hurt the speed and quality of my memorization.
 This is just mere speculation on my part of coarse. but I am pretty sure if I had a partner I would have done better.

And I am sure there are some of you who would disagree with me on that, but little ears should not hear those things that you would speak of at this time, or probably at any time, and I am sure your no angel either. Thank God for Jesus, amen?

  • I think that I will spend more time on each verse just to make sure I have it. so I don't have to second guess it as much in the beginning.

My biggest misquotes are the " then Jesus said", Jesus said unto him, saith unto him,  he therefore said unto them,  Jesus therefore said unto them, when had had thus spoken, when he thus had spoken,  John answered and said, Pilot therefor said, he answered and said unto them,  etc, etc,

 get it ?

There are just Sooo many of them and I didn't pay enough attention to them at the beginning and now I am paying the price, Boo hoo!

  • Okay, My hardest chapters were ( drum roll please! )  yes, it was John 17 but I am getting that down pretty good now and believe it or not, it is the hardest passages, the ones that I had to really buckle down and put sweat and blood into, are now some of my strongest verses, go figure huh ?

  • Okay, my hardest verses were ( never mind the drum roll this time ) and one of them still is.

You guys are going to laugh...John 19:35 .And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.

I can't remember the second part "and he knowth that he saith true !!!  every time I come to that part my mind goes blank.
Grrrr so frustrating sometimes.

  • And my first biggies that stood in my way were: John 6;22 23

   the day following, when the people which stood on the other side of the sea saw that there was none other boat there, save that one whereinto his disciples were entered, and that Jesus went not with his disciples into the boat, but that his disciples were gone away alone; 23(Howbeit there came other boats from Tiberias nigh unto the place where they did eat bread, after that the Lord had given thanks:)

These are now fun to rattle off , why I don't know... but it brings a smile to my face.

Maybe because it was a real trial for me at first and I over came it by Gods grace and persevered.

 Or maybe, deep down inside of me, I look at it like the  patriarchs did in the old testament when they had fought a great battle or dug a new well in a contested spot and gave it a name of remembrance..........  that, when every time they passed by that way again they remembered the Lord wrought a great Victory there, and smiled and praised the Lord!

I know your probably saying , " O gees, you sure are overly dramatic.
 And I pretty much agree with you. But I can't help it ......Yippee!! .....I have the book of John memorized !

Whats that verse about taking off your armor and boasting?

I can now take off my armor and boast  cause I did what I set out to do and accomplished it by Gods grace.

But now, I must put my armor back on and Pray earnestly, knowing that this is just the beginning and that time is short. I pray for you my brother. I pray for you my sisters. I love you all and long to join you in the fields, gathering fruit unto life eternal, and this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true God and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.

Jn4:36 - Jn17:3


No comments:

Post a Comment